Drop Off- 8:15- 8:30
- Parents stay while child prepares for day in mudroom- changing shoes, hanging up coat etc.
- Parents say good-bye as child enters the classroom to join morning work time.
Morning Work Time- 8:30-9:30
- Activities are chosen and completed by child as independently as possible
- Children develop self care skills by pouring, spooning, combing, washing, and dressing
- Children develop their sensory awareness through experiences with the tactile table, smelling activities, visual discrimination puzzles, and the music corner.
- Children develop their fine motor skills through practical life and art works ( painting, sculpting, cutting and gluing)
Morning Gathering- (about) 9:15-9:30
- Greeting the day and each other with song
- Making music together: focus on rhythm and harmony
- Demonstrations of new art/practical life works
- Grace and Courtesy presentations
Outside Play- 10:00-10:45
- Visiting and feeding Goats and Horse
- Hiking in the pasture and forest
- Sandbox play
- Climbing and Sliding
Prepare for Lunch- 10:45-11:15
- Children prepare lunch everyday by using their developing practical life skills to scoop, measure, pour, chop, spread, knead and roll.
Rest Time- 12:00- 2:00
- Calming songs and chants
- Peaceful touch
- Simple guided meditations
- Nature or classical music
Afternoon Work Time- 2:00-3:30
- Prepare and eat snack
- Classroom work time
- Special activities: arts and crafts, dancing, yoga